Natural resources of Ukraine are favorable for the development of agriculture. The good climate and fertile soils make it possible to get large yields.
What is profitable to grow in Ukraine in 2020-2021
Natural resources of Ukraine are favorable for the development of agriculture. The good climate and fertile soils make it possible to get large yields. Therefore, today the agricultural sector is attracting more and more attention, and many entrepreneurs are considering the option of doing business in this area. The first question on a budding farmer's agenda is what is profitable to grow? Not all crop products in our country have sufficient demand, and it is necessary to understand this in order not to work at a loss.
Most profitable field crops
Arable land accounts for about 80% of the country's agricultural land. Traditionally, crops, legumes, oilseeds are grown in the fields. Analysis of data from recent years shows that the most profitable are:
- Sunflower. The popularity of the oilseed crop is due to its good yield, regardless of climatic conditions. Growing costs vary by region, but they pay off anyway. Hybrids are in high demand as seed. In this case, the plants ripen at the same time and are practically the same size. The yield can reach up to 20 centners per hectare, subject to the observance of crop rotation and agrotechnical rules. Common varieties are no less popular, as well as confectionery and oil plant species. The more the area is occupied by crops, the higher the profitability of sunflower.
- Corn. Cereal crops are in constant demand among consumers. Many different products are made from it, including cereals, butter, flour. Also, corn is used as animal feed. A plant variety is chosen depending on the purpose, but the cultivation technology is practically no different. As for the harvest, when calculating 20 kg of grain per 1 hectare of area, approximately 80 thousand ears are ripe. The profitability of corn largely depends on the region of cultivation, the use of new technologies and the quality of seeds.
- Sorghum. A perennial cereal plant is rapidly gaining popularity among the country's farmers, and this is not surprising, because the cultivation of the crop is very profitable. Sorghum is resistant to drought, pests and diseases. The unpretentious culture is suitable for planting in poor and saline soil, and does not require the use of special equipment. Sorghum is grain, sugar, lemon, broom, grassy. In total, there are 70 cultivated plant varieties, and each species has found active use in various fields: from animal husbandry to perfumery. The crop profitability is about 200%. Attention: this cereal plant is one of the valuable sources of biofuel. In terms of the efficiency and economy of the use of raw materials, the crop surpasses the popular corn in this area.
- Wheat. Subject to the cultivation technology, application of fertilizers and protection, the plant gives a high percentage of the yield. Wheat is the most important food for 2.5 billion people in 89 countries around the world, so the demand for grain is constantly growing. Hybrid varieties have proven themselves well in terms of yield, with an average of 10-11 t / ha.
- Soy. This culture is valuable for its ability to satisfy the human need for vegetable protein. The interest in quality grain is constantly growing and the demand for soybeans is growing. In recent years, it competes with wheat in terms of profitability. Varieties must be chosen depending on the planned planting area; subject to the cultivation technology, the yield can be from 30 to 40 centners per hectare. Among other benefits, soybeans heal the earth by saturating it with nitrogen. After that, you can grow any other crop. In this case, additional costs for soil preparation will not be required. The soybean market in Ukraine is developing, price dynamics are stable, and due to constant demand, the profitability of cultivation is maximum.
As for the question of what kind of crop is profitable to grow, in addition to the listed options, peas, barley and millet are on the list of profitable ones.
Popular greenhouse plants
The main profit from the greenhouse is received in the weeks before the season of the product on the market. At this time, demand is greater, prices are correspondingly higher, and problems with implementation are minimal. What is profitable to grow in a greenhouse:
- medicinal plants;
- cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes;
- strawberries, raspberries;
- watermelons, melons.
Subject to the cultivation technology, the greenhouse allows you to get fruits all year round. During the autumn-winter season, you can harvest several crops of different crops, it is especially beneficial at this time to grow greens and all types of salads.
Vitamins are always in price
More and more farmers are attracted to the production of open field vegetables. There is always a demand on the market for fresh vitamins, and the profit from the sale is quite stable. In 2020, as in the previous time, the following cultures are popular:
Growing fruit is also quite profitable, although this is more a seasonal business. With the right approach, you can make a profit even from a small area. The most popular in the region are apples, pears, plums, peaches.
As for berries, there is a fairly wide field of activity, since there is always demand. Most agricultural holdings grow the following fruits for sale:
There is a separate question about blueberries. Recently, it has become a leader in plantations, since the price for this berry is consistently high.
Several recommendations on the merits
Before starting an agricultural business, study carefully the question of what kind of crop is profitable to grow in Ukraine. This will help you make the right decision and start implementing your plan. The second key point is the purchase of seeds. Here it is important to carefully and responsibly approach the matter, since the harvest directly depends on the sowing material. The choice of a responsible seller who sells only high-quality goods of well-known brands will help to solve the problem.
Interesting: by the middle of the XXI century, 70% more food will be needed than now. This forecast was made by the UN, calculating population growth by 2050. The number of people worldwide will increase by 2.5 billion to 9.1 billion. Accordingly, the demand for agricultural products will grow every year.